Irit’s Special Rice Salad
This dish was inherited from our former neighbours the Winters and adapted by Irit. It has a salad component and a dressing component. A bit like araldite.
• 2 cups brown rice
• 2 chopped red peppers
• 2 bunches chopped spring onions
• 2 good handfuls of raisins
• Cashew nuts
Sprinkle salt on the nuts and heat in a microwave for 2 minutes at a time until they go brown. Stir in between each session.
Simmer the rice in 4 cups of water until all the water has been absorbed.
Mix the rice with the other ingredients (except the nuts).
Mix in a massive jar:
• Half a jam jar of olive oil
• 125ml soy sauce
• ¼ jam jar balsamic vinegar
• Lump of root ginger, grated
• A few cloves garlic, crushed
Make far too much dressing. It should be moist.
Add dressing a few hours before serving so it can soak in.
Add cashew nuts at the last minute.